Pet Exams and Wellness in Granbury
At Morgan Street Animal Hospital, keeping your pet healthy and happy is our highest priority. We want you and your companion to enjoy as many years together as possible! That’s why we encourage owners to bring their animals in to see us for routine wellness exams. Annual physical exams and any additional wellness treatments are the best way to preserve your pet’s health and increase their longevity.
Why Pet Wellness Exams Are Important
What’s Included in Exams?
The wellness exam involves a complete nose-to-tail evaluation. During this exam, our veterinarian thoroughly evaluates your pet’s condition. Their wellness exam may include the following:
- Weight check to ensure that your pet is within a healthy range
- Physical examination of the eyes, ears, skin, etc.
- Assessment of your pet’s temperature
- Evaluation of the teeth and gums to check for signs of dental disease
- Listen to the heart and lungs
- Mobility or lameness exam
- Diagnostic testing, if necessary
Decoding the Chart
Depending on which color category your pet fits into, different diagnostic tests may need to be administered.
GREEN – Every 3-4 Weeks until age 4 months
- Fecal and Heartworm tests
- Preventative Care Exam
- Vaccinations vary by species
YELLOW – Every 12 months
- Annual Preventative Care Exam
- Annual Preventative Health Screen including CBC, Chemistry, HW test, and Fecal
RED – Every 6 months
- Annual Senior Preventative Health Screen including CBC, extended Chemistry, HW Test, Thyroid test, Urinalysis, and Fecal
- Biannual Health Screening will vary by patient.
- Biannual Preventative Care Exam
If you have any questions during your pet’s wellness exam, feel free to let us know. We know that well-informed pet owners are the best pet owners, so we’re happy to equip you with the information you need to provide your companion with the level of care they deserve.
If you’re interested in learning more about our pet wellness care services or would like to make an appointment, give us a call today at 817-326-3400.